What license do I need for photos?
There are two kinds of video products that we have in our library, Royalty-free and Rights-managed.
You can filter for these product in the search filters.
Royalty-free photos, once purchased, may be used by the end licensee in an unlimited number of projects, worldwide, in perpetuity.
To price your royalty-free photos:
1. Choose your size
Size refers to the resolution: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Extra Extra Large.
2. Choose your license level
License level refers to the level of license you want to purchase. There are four license levels: Single user with up to 250k prints or 10-users with unlimited prints, Unlimited users, and Product for Resale.
- Single user, up to 250k prints license includes one user, as well as up to 250k prints of the photo.
- 10-users, unlimited print license includes 10 users with access to the raw file, as well as unlimited prints of the photo.
- Unlimited users license includes unlimited users with access to the raw file, as well as unlimited prints of the photo.
- Product for Resale license includes unlimited users with access to the raw file, and allows you to use the photo on your own merchandise for resale.
Products for resale include bags with the photo printed on, CD album covers, and other similar merchandise.
3. Choose your indemnification coverageIndemnification refers to the amount of coverage you'll receive in the unlikely event of a dispute.Royalty-free photos come with a 10x purchase price indemnification, however you can also purchase a legal guarantee for additional coverage of up to $250,000.
You can choose the size, license level and indemnification that you would like from either the Quickview, product page, or when pricing from the cart.
Product detail page
In the cart:
Rights-managed photos need to be licensed for each different use and each new project using a pricing calculator that considers medium, usage, scale and duration of projects.
The following items will affect the price of the photo:
- Usage, such as advertising, publishing, or internal use
- Usage type, such as web social media, newsletters, or billboards
- Scale, such as region or target audience
- Size of the project, such as 1/4 page, 1/2 page, or full page
- Duration, such as up to 1 week, up to 1 month, or up to 5 years
- Industry, in which the photo will be used such as Agriculture, Education, or Travel and Tourism
For rights-managed photos, you'll need to purchase separate licenses for each medium in which you use the photo. For example, if you are working on a project
involving social media, a music video, and billboards you'll need to purchase three separate licenses for each medium.
The pricing calculator for rights-managed clips appears on the Quickview, product page, and when pricing from the cart.
Product detail page
In the cart
Need to license videos too? Here's how.